Launched in 2021, in collaboration with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), the AfCFTA Global Sports Mentorship Program is aimed to leverage the ability for sport to support the inclusive implementation of the AfCFTA and help young people in the African continent accelerate their entrepreneurial capabilities as well as their skills and network development.
Application Deadline: CLOSED! Programme Dates: July - December 2021
More about the Programme
Who are AfCFTA
The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) holds a promise to accelerate inclusive and sustainable development in Africa through the creation of a single and liberalised market for goods and services which will increase intra-African trade of higher value goods and boost revenues and livelihoods in the African continent. In particular, the AfCFTA presents a momentous opportunity to address the multidimensional challenges young people face in Africa to obtain employment, quality jobs and decent wages by creating new opportunities for trading and entrepreneurial activities across various manufacturing and services sectors in Africa.
- Increase the limited access Youth and Women have to professional associations and to social capital that can support their participation in trade
- Help Mentees to develop business ideas
- Connect Mentees with role models and professional networks in sports and trade
- Support the development of career plans and goals
- Raise aspirations and commitment levels for professional development